Micro-Critique of the TORUM Project's White Paper
About the TORUM Project —
TORUM is a crypto-centric social media platform designed to form a powerful one-stop ecosystem by connecting cryptocurrency enthusiasts and blockchain technologists across the world.
Unique from other crypto social platforms, TORUM focuses on the actual demand and needs of the crypto community by implementing a set of comprehensive community building features and functionalities, such as:
Company profiles & Clans.
Integrated Crypto Exchange.
and much more..
Mission: Connecting Worldwide Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts.
Vision: Become the de-facto social media platform of the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
Micro-Critique of the TORUM Project’s White Paper —
- Good recap of the ERC-20 token’s history, including its initial, idealistic goals and the unexpected outcomes after first contact with the real world.
- Clear description of the TORUM Ecosystem, showing how XTM can be utilized from TORUM to XTORUM.
- Ambitious Roadmap with concrete milestones from “Genesis” to “Concordia”.
- Subtle inconsistencies in grammar, verb tense, singular/plural congruence, context and syntax give me (an ex-English teacher) a feeling that the authors — and surely the proofreader and editor — are not native English speakers.
- As an MBA grad, I found it difficult to perform a rudimentary SWOT analysis based solely on the White Paper’s content.
- Centralization, decentralization and the TORUM chain is discussed at THE END of the White Paper.
My overall impression of the TORUM Project?
What am I looking and hoping for?
A horde of in-rushing “TORUM clones”.
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” — Oscar Wilde
“Really Appreciate You Stopping By. Truly hope to see you again!”
About the Author —
Believing that school was too boring, he dropped out of High School early; only to earn an AA, BS and MBA in less than 4 years much later in life — while working full-time as a Navy/Marine Corps Medic.
In spite of a fear of heights and deep water, he performed high altitude, free-fall parachute jumps and hazardous diving ops in deep, open ocean water.
After 24 years of active duty, he retired in Asia.
Since then, he’s been a full-time, single papa and actively pursuing his varied passions (Writing, Disruptive Technology, Computer Science and Cryptocurrency — plus more hobbies too boring or bizarre for most folk).
He lives on an island paradise with his girlfriend, teenage daughter and two dogs.
“My mind was a terrible thing to waste…” — JaiChai
Originally published at https://www.uptrennd.com.